[Sticky] Reaper 1-20 quest guide

1 Posts
1 Users
1 Reactions
37 K Views
(@vooduspyce)
Dick Dancer Supreme
Topic starter

This is my reaper quest list that I'm using for my 1-20 racial lives.  The quests I've chosen are based on a few considerations:

1. XP/min
  2. Avoiding quests with NPC's or other quest objectives that cause failure if they die
  3. Getting house K, Coin Lord and Argo favor for tier 2 bank space, inventory bags and +10 hp
  4. Getting 1750 favor tome each life (can crunch into Purified Eberron Dragonshards if you don't need tome)

Each section will give you enough xp to level up a multilifer with the following xp bonuses:

• Ship buff
  • Master's Gift
  • Greater Tome of Learning
  • VIP +10% xp
  • Was running a 20% xp pot most of the time
  • Incidental Monster Manual xp.

Added a section of quests I avoid and why at the bottom of the list

Why should you do reaper quests? 

Beyond the fun, the challenge and improving your DDO skills, there is a practical reason to earn reaper xp if you are interested in making your toon more powerful because some reaper enhancements work outside of reaper mode.  Most of the trees only work while in reaper mode, however tier 2-6 innate enhancements work outside of reaper mode, which is working as intended.  There are significant benefits to be gained from this, including stat points, bonuses to hit and damage and melee and ranged power.  The caster tree lets you earn up to 500 spell points that will function outside of reaper mode, as well as up to 6 universal spell power.  The tank tree can give you up to 120 extra hit points, +2 to all saves and some bonuses to PRR, MRR and dodge.  You also get a +95% bonus to regular xp for running a quest on reaper mode for the first time.

If you are new to reaper mode, you can check out a few resources:

I just zerg R1's til I get to level 12, then I mostly zerg R4's for the remainder of heroics.  Once I hit level 20, I follow Nimvind's 20-30 quick leveling routine (7 hours)

Once I am at cap, I do most legendary quests for big first time legendary reaper xp, which you can read more about here.

Level 1

Stealthy Repossession R1+E

Level 2

Information is Key

Haverdasher

Durk's got a Secret

Recovering the Lost Tome

Walk the Butcher's Path 

Kobold's New Ringleader R1+E

Level 3

Where there's Smoke

The Captives

Waterworks part 1-2

Level 4

Catacombs 

Level 5

Lost Gatekeepers chain

STK

Saltmarsh if you like

Level 6

Waterworks part 3-4

Irestone Inlet

Here I start Three Barrel Cove early since the introduction of Feywild there is so much xp at that level, it is good to get the big xp from 3BC early and this way you can get through Feywild without hard capping xp.

Stones Run Red (Fire Caves part 1) 

Brood of Flame (Fire Caves part 2)

If you are falling behind in xp then you can do Depths chain and Sharn Syndicate chain

Level 7

Ghost of a Chance 

Legend of Two-Toed Tobias

Prove Your Worth (if traps won't be a problem for you)

Delera's part 1

Feywild 

• Make Believe
  • Endless Revels
  • A Frosty Reception
  • Wake Me Up Inside
  • Combatting Corruption
  • Witch Hunt
  • Legend of the Lost Locket

Run Lair of Summoning, Chamber of Insanity or Rerun 3bc on elite if you're falling behind in xp

Level 8

Troglodytes' Get (Garl's Tomb pt 1)

Feywild

• Knight Who Cried Windmill
  • The Thornwright
  • Quid Pro Quo
  • The Icemount Curse
  • Needle in a Fey Stack
  • Immortality Lessons

Run Ruined Halls Forgotten Caverns if you're falling behind in xp

Level 9

Isle of Dread

Run Pit, Gwylans, Tear of Dhakaan, Old Grey Garl (Garl's Tomb pt 2) Delera's part 2-3 if you're falling behind in xp

Level 10

Stromvauld's Mine

Xorian Cipher

Tharashk Arena (VON 1)

The Prisoner (VON 2)

Delera's part 4 (Thrall of the Necromancer)

Run Spies in the House if you are falling behind in xp or Rerun Xorian Cipher and Stromvauld's on elite.  If you need a Mantle of the Worldshaper then run Threnal chain 

Level 11

Jungle of Khyber (VON 3)

Haywire Foundry (VON 4)

Shadow Crypt (R1+E)

White Plume Mountain

Run Shadow Crypt H+N, or VON 3, WPM on elite if you're falling behind in xp

Level 12

Ravenloft chain 1

Sykros' Jewel 

Reclamation

Vault of Night (VON 5-6) 

Tempests Spine 

Chamber of Rahmat 

Ravenloft chain 2 or rerun TS on elite if you're falling behind in xp

Level 13

Sands of Menechtarun (Chamber of Kourush, Maraud the Mines, Purge the Fallen Shrine, Offering of Blood, Raid the Vulkoorim)

And the Dead Shall Rise

Ravenloft chain 2-3 or rerun any of the L13's on elite if you're falling behind in xp 

Level 14

Chamber of Raiyum (Wiz King)

Relic of a Sovereign Past

Lordsmarch chain 1 (Diplomatic Impunity, Framework, Eyes of Stone)

Peril of the Planar Eyes (An Element of Chaos, Eye Know Whodunnit, Seizing the Dawn, Beautiful Nightmares)

Ravenloft chain 3 or Rerun Wiz King and Relic on elite if you're falling behind in xp

Level 15

Lordsmarch chain 2 (Assault on Summerfield, Blockade Buster, Undermine, Siegebreaker)

Gianthold walkups (Feast of Famine, Trial by Fire, Maze of Madness, Foundation of Discord, Cry for Help)

Memoirs of an Illusory Larcener 

Rerun Gianthold on elite if you're falling behind in xp

Level 16

Gianthold 14's (Crucible, Cabal for One, Madstone Crater, Prison of the Planes, Gianthold Tor)

Necro 4 - Orchard of the Macabre (Fleshmaker's Laboratory, Desecrated Temple of Vol, Inferno of the Damned, Ghosts of Perdition)

Run Disciples of Rage chain or rerun Crucible or any GH or Necro 4 on elite if you're falling behind in xp

Level 17

Litany of the Dead R1+E

Sharn chain 1

• Sharn Welcome
  • Red Rain
  • Best Laid Plans
  • Same Old Song
  • Just Business

Cogs 15's

• Wraithcallers
  • Ruinous Schemes
  • Smash and Burn
  • Thralls of the Fungus Lord

Lost at Sea

Missing 

Rerun Litany H+N if you're falling behind in xp

Level 18

Sharn chain 2

• No Refunds
  • House of Pain
  • Blown Deadline
  • Reach for the Sky

Cogs 16's

• Scavenger Hunt
  • Security Detail
  • Roll Call
  • Magma Must Flow

Lords of Dust

Finish the LOD chain if you are falling behind in xp.  If you are not level 20 by then continue with level 19's below...

Once I hit 20, I use Nimvind's Quick Level 20-30 Guide to get to level 29 in about 6 hours then start legendary questing for big reaper xp..

Level 19

The Weapons Shipment (if you need a Mysterious Bauble

Dreaming Dark chain if you need a Pale Lavendar Ioun Stone (guaranteed random Ioun stone on every 3rd completion of the final quest on any difficulty)

Tower of Despair flaggers: Gen Point, New Invasion, Bastion, Sins if you need Yugoloth potions 

Soulsplitter chain (Sharn docks)

The Shipwrecked Spy

Eye of the Titan 

Reclaiming Memories

Mining for Ancient Secrets 

Murder by Night 

Wrath of the Flame 

Sane Asylum

Quests I'm avoiding on reaper during my 1-20 racial lives and why...

Korthos - no reaper option

Tangleroot chain - no reaper option

Freshen the Air - too many casters, acid arrows very painful

Guard Duty - NPC's die too easily, causing failure

Slavers chain - too long unless you're farming for crafting ingredients

Temple of Elemental Evil - too long 

Claw of Vulkoor - healing scorpions can make this too much of a pain in the ass

Bring me the Head of Ghola Fan - not worth the effort

Slavers of the Shrieking Mines - not worth the effort

Desert Caravan I was doing this one at first but stopped because it's nearly impossible to do on higher skulls due to caravans being destroyed.  R2 not bad.  R3 failed with full group due to caravans being destroyed.  Champion caster Flame Strikes destroy caravans quickly.

Tomb of the Tormented - too long

Tomb of the Blighted - this was part of my regular routine for 20 lives but I don't do it any more because the high number of spawns and respawns can cause a ridiculous number of reapers.

From Beyond the Grave - gate gets destroyed too easily, causing failure

Spawn of Whisperdoom - not worth the effort, caster spiders acid arrows very painful

Invaders - not worth the effort. Thaarak Hound cyclonic blast very painful

Chains of Flame - this was part of my regular routine for 20 lives because I wanted to flag for the heroic raid but I don't do it any more because it's so long unless I want to flag for DQ.

Against the Demon Queen (pre raid) - this was part of my regular routine for 20 lives but I don't do it any more because it can run long and be mana intensive, plus I'm no longer including the heroic raid in my routine.  DQ hits hard, recommend tank and healer.  This one can be skipped and there's enough xp in the remaining 12's to level up.

Zawabi's Revenge (DQ raid) - do low skulls, DQ hits very hard on higher skulls.  Recommend tank and healer.  Skip this one if you don't need raid loot or don't want to run.

Blockade Buster - I do this sometimes but can be really rough when all lower deck mobs already aggro'd on you and waiting at the door when you enter. 

In the Flesh - end fight can be painful

Ritual Sacrifice - NPC dies too easily.  Do low skulls and have heals on NPC.  Party needs to run ahead of NPC to keep aggro off him.

Let Sleeping Dust Lie - Do low skulls, higher skulls can be difficult to protect Lycosa (spider queen) since she can die instantly from champion ogre triple hits.   Have heals on Lycosa.  

Running with the Devils - Do low skulls unless you have good dps for Eladrin sub boss.

Mask of Deception - no reaper option

Enter the Kobold - Do low skulls to avoid the end fight being painful 

Stealer of Souls - not worth the effort

In the Demon's Den - not worth the effort

Schemes of the Enemy - not worth the effort.  R3 end fight mob spawns insane, reapers can spawn whenever new orbs spawn.  ina and I had to give up.  Need full group and ranged dps

A New Invasion - Do low skulls R1-2 or end fight can get crazy.

This topic was modified 3 years ago 12 times by Vooduspyce
This topic was modified 1 year ago 3 times by Vooduspyce
This topic was modified 6 months ago by Vooduspyce

Posted : Saturday, April 29, 2017 1:35 am
Vooduspyce reacted
Share: