Lamannia Update 59 Preview 1 - NOW OPEN Spoilers as always
Lamannia Update 59 Preview 1 - NOW OPEN
Welcome to our first preview of Update 59! There are also elements in this week's preview slated for release after Update 59, and even a few bits from Update 60. Lamannia is expected to open later today and remain open until 3:00pm Eastern (-4 GMT) on Thursday, April 6th.
Of Special Note:
Update 59: Performance Work
We have fundamentally changed how bonuses are calculated behind the scenes to be using a more performant algorithm to reduce lag in the game. This change impacts:
- Feat bonuses
- Enhancement bonuses
- Epic destiny bonuses
- Past life bonuses
- Toggled bonuses
- Temporarily granted Feats
- Armor Class bonuses
- Blocking Armor Class bonuses
- Attack bonuses
- Damage bonuses
- Savings throw bonuses
Please keep an eye out for discrepancies in bonuses on your character sheet between the regular Live game worlds and this Lamannia build. Adding and removing Feats, Enhancements, and acquisition of Past Lives are the primary mechanisms that might cause these bonuses to exhibit erroneous behaviors. There are more than 485 bonuses affected and not all of them are on the character sheet and easily displayable. So if character abilities are not acting as you would expect them to normally, please report your experience in a separate Lamannia forum thread here.
Update 59: Droaam Legendary Edition
This preview includes Legendary version of the first three free quests in the Droaam chain:
You can find the NPCs for these quests in the Lordsmarch Plaza, located off of the Marketplace in Stormreach. Feedback threads for each of the Legendary quests is linked to above. The Legendary versions of the Droaam items are not yet appearing in the quests, but they can be found in the Test Dojo.
After Update 59: Underdark-themed Mount preview --- New mount and hireling on right side as you come into the Test dojo next to augment vender'
A preview of an Underdark-themed Mount is available in the Test Dojo for you to check out! We are specifically looking for things like animation bugs as this is a new mount "rig type" compared to a horse or dinosaur. We are not yet announcing where this mount will be available in the future, but it will be after the release of Update 59 and not with it.
Update 60: Hireling Wererats
Hireling Wererats are now available in the Test Dojo to check out! These hirelings are expected to be released with Update 60: Vecna Unleashed. We are not yet announcing how players will be able to acquire the Hireling Wererat.
News and Notes:
Droaam Legendary Update
- Public Area
- Free to Play Quest NPC's moved to be more prominent
- All Quests
- These three quests no longer require previous quest completion to enter.
- Epic level difficulty has been added.
- All Monsters should have their proper CR for Legendary Level Monsters.
- Diplomatic Impunity
- "Gather Everyone" Objectives have been removed.
- Added a series of Trail Marker Objects that Vector you more Cleanly to the First Objective.
- Primary Path Bramble Walls have been removed to give additional quest guidance.
- Wildmen Monsters have been replaced with Bullywugs.
- Added small amounts of XP for most Optional Objectives.
- Fog of War now displays its next Objective through its Fog.
- Reduced the number of Minotaurs in the final encounter.
- Added a Mechanic to allow non-trap-disabling characters to prevent being hit by the Trap leading up the the stairs to the final encounter.
- Reduced the number Ballista Parts required for an Optional.
- Eyes of Stone
- Added a note in the Library Wing to reinforce how to avoid Frost Traps (Don't Break the Barrels).
- A Rest Shrine has been added after the Troll fight.
- The offhand slot should no longer go missing sometimes after reincarnation as an Artificer.
- The Legendary Spiked Turban should now have its proper visuals.
- Mirrors of Glamering now have a clearer tooltip to explain how their eligibility works.
- Energy Vortex Poison and Negative now both have their correct tooltips within the spell.
- The web barriers in the quest Sacrifices can now be broken with Eldritch Blast.
- Technomage filigree now provide their 5% Armor Class Set Bonus, and no longer call the set the wrong name.
- Divine Righteousness (Paladin Sacred Defender 3rd core) is now Untyped and grants its correct amount of Threat Generation.
- Mass Suggestion now has its correct icon.
- A few pet benefit icons have changed to reflect their passive states.
- Black Dragon Bolt's damage to PLAYERS has been reduced to its original values (from before the Blightcaster update.)
- Natural Fighting Feats will now work correctly with Blight Wolf.
- Work has been done behind the scenes for Universal Tree tomes to make them work slightly differently on our end. This should have no effect on Universal tome functionality - existing tomes will still function - but we wanted to let you know work had been done in case something unusual is noticed.
- The Fast Nightmare mount is now Bound to Account.
- When you spot or automatically detect a secret door, a "?" icon will now appear over your head.
- When you spot or automatically detect a trap, a "!" icon will now appear over your head.
- Fury of the Wild - Great Leveler
- The duration of the movement pause has been reduced.
- There is no longer a pause to your ability to attack after using Great Leveler.
- The detect size has been increased on the non-enhanced version of the attack.
- The enhanced version of this attack (if you have Adrenaline or Quick effects active) now has visuals that better match its detect size.
- A +500 To-hit bonus is now applied to your roll.
- Adjustments to reduced damage have been made in Reaper difficulty for spellcasters in general on Skull 7+:
- Skull 7: From 25% damage to 23%
- Skull 8: From 20% damage to 18%
- Skull 9: From 18% damage to 15%
- Skull 10: From 15% damage to 10%
- The Pet Character Sheet for class-based Animal Companion and related summons now sorts its feats alphabetically.
- The Pet Character Sheet Saving Throws label is no longer cut off visually.
Here is Steelstars response to the question Why replace Wildmen. The link above will take you to the DDO forums for the same info
As we were updating Diplomatic Impunity for u59 and needed to update all of the monsters anyway, we decided to move forward with replacing the Wildmen in this dungeon. We have not yet replaced Wildmen in other parts of the game, but we intend to do so in the future. DDO's Wildmen enemies are problematic on several levels, and while this could and probably should have been taken care of years ago, we're replacing them now that we have an opportunity to re-focus on this content.
Wildmen and the depiction of them in DDO are not tied to a specific pen-and-paper D&D monster to begin with, giving even less reason for them to remain. As for why Bullywugs as the replacement, we determined that they were a fitting replacement in this dungeon that would cause minimal need to rework the story and other elements that would be difficult to change as part of this Update's revamp.