7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 Gijo
(@gijo)
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/512233-NVIDIA-64-bit-Client-Issue

We are investigating an issue with machines running the 64-bit Beta DDO client on an NVidia graphics card. In the meantime we would like to pass along a workaround that should get your issue resolved for now. This corrects an issue where the launcher disappears when trying to enter a game world:

1. Open Windows Search, Type: "Nvidia Control Panel", and run the result.
2. Click "Manage 3D settings"
3. Click the "Program Settings" tab
4. Click the "Add" button
5. In the add list, find dndclient64.exe (must have already tried to run 64bit DDO for it to appear)
6. Select dndclient64.exe and click "Add Selected Program"
7. Click the dropdown box under the new selection, and choose "High-performance NVIDIA processor"

Please note that players can also switch back to the 32-bit client through the Options menu in the game launcher.

Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 7:41 pm
 Gijo
(@gijo)
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter

if you are having trouble finding the 64 bit client try looking here C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\Dungeons & Dragons Online\x64

or if you have an older install it might be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online\x64

or if you installed through Steam it might be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeons and Dragons Online\x64

In that x64 folder you should find a dndclient64.exe

Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 7:42 pm
(@maistir-nimvind)
Honorable Member

This helped me get on 64 bit

Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 9:07 pm
(@vooduspyce)
Dick Dancer Supreme

I was having issues.  Tried many things... updated firewall to allow dnd64 file, updated Nvidia control panel settings, updated graphics driver.  Still didn't work.  But the 64 bit client started working after I updated Direct X.  

Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:48 am
(@monalisa)
Trusted Member

@vooduspyce Glad to hear that the issue seems to be resolved. Hope that might help others out who may be having a similar issue.

Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 6:06 pm
(@turtle)
Estimable Member

For once I'm appaewnrly lucky, I have Nvidea Geforce GTX 970 and I didn't run into problems.  Usually I get slapped by stuff like this.

Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 7:25 pm
(@monalisa)
Trusted Member

@turtle Glad it went smooth for you. I had no issues either. I have an RTX 2060 and thought for sure that I would have an issue because I read about it before I launched the game after updating it. I have yet to launch the game on my laptop, which has a GTX 1060. Hope it goes just as smooth with that.

Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2020 7:50 pm
Share: